We'll see you on Sunday
We love God and we love people. Plan a visit with us this weekend.
What to expect
- We are a traditional, yet casual church. Wear whatever makes you comfortable. You don't have to hide your piercings or tattoos.
- Worship usually lasts for an hour and 10 minutes, depending on the time of year.
- Children are always welcome in worship. We'll provide a coloring book and crayons to help your child focus during worship.
- There is music throughout the service, usually accompanied on pipe organ or piano. Melody and words are printed in the bulletin or worship folder.
- We observe Holy Communion - or the Lord's Supper - every Sunday. You do not have to be a church member to partake. We affirm the true presence of Jesus Christ in the bread and cup. Wine and grape juice are both offered; drink whichever you prefer.
- We gather for coffee and snacks after worship in the Parish Hall. A potluck lunch is served once a month.
United Lutheran Church is located on the corner of Sheridan Ave and South 76th Street in the South End neighborhood of the City of Tacoma. We are located across the street from Birney Elementary School and just a few blocks south of 72nd Street and Wapato Park.